Apparently, I can't read instructions! The vaporizer works differently if you have soft vs hard water. In our case, with soft water, salt needs to be added to get it to work. I neglected to read that part even though it was not only in the instruction booklet but also on the box tabs when you open them - very obvious, just not for me. Sigh...
Monday, 12 October 2009
Cold, cold, go away!
My oh my, it's been such a lovely weekend for Thanksgiving but alas, mommy and baby have nasty, yucky colds! I had my fingers crossed that the cold Craig had been harbouring would pass us by but no such luck. Brea's had the brunt of it and has been drippy and coughing for the last few days. I managed to hold off a bit longer but it was inevitable. I think the cold has sapped my brain as well. I went to the drug store today to get a vaporizer. We do have a cool mist humidifier (Crane's Frog Cool Mist) but I thought the steam might help a stuffy nose and cough better.
I settled on the Vicks Steam Guard Vaporizer. There are so many to choose from but this hearkened back to my childhood days and I figured, if it made me feel better then, I'm sure it will work for Brea now. As an added bonus, both the humidifier and vaporizer have plastic that is BPA-free!
But as I said, the cold leached my brain and when I got the box home I couldn't get it to work. I actually took it back and exchanged it for a second one that I ALSO couldn't get to work! Finally, Craig took a look... he's been pretty busy the last two days with his new toy, the iphone, but he managed to drag himself away when my cries of frustration got too loud to be ignored.
Apparently, I can't read instructions! The vaporizer works differently if you have soft vs hard water. In our case, with soft water, salt needs to be added to get it to work. I neglected to read that part even though it was not only in the instruction booklet but also on the box tabs when you open them - very obvious, just not for me. Sigh...
Apparently, I can't read instructions! The vaporizer works differently if you have soft vs hard water. In our case, with soft water, salt needs to be added to get it to work. I neglected to read that part even though it was not only in the instruction booklet but also on the box tabs when you open them - very obvious, just not for me. Sigh...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor baby and mommy! Get better soon! And congrats to Craig for getting the iPhone :o)
Oh Eleana...I can totally empathize with you. Sometimes my brain just stops working and it is not pretty.
I hope everyone is your home is feeling better for the weekend. Maybe the sun will be out for a bit.
= )
Post a Comment