Craig is at a basketball tournament this weekend and was out bright and early. I thought it would be nice for Brea and I to meet him at the nearby mall for lunch so that we would get to see him for a bit today.
Brea was so good for the ride to the mall and she really enjoyed strolling and watching people doing their shopping as well. After lunch, I thought I would pass by Santa so Brea could say hi. We're planning to get pictures done but I'm hoping I could find day where Daddy could join us.
As we neared the display, I heard the train sound. They have a train that goes around Santa's castle that you can ride on. Brea's just started making some new sounds the last few days and one of them was "choo choo". I pointed to the train as it rounded the corner and asked "Brea what sound does a train make?" "Choo choo!" she replied with a smile, pointing at the train. We watched it for a few minutes, when I thought, maybe she'd like a ride! Excitedly, I grabbed some change to donate and lined-up behind the other children. She LOVED it! The whole time around, she pointed at the snowmen and waved at the people in line for photos. It was adorable.
After the ride, we watched the train some more then headed to go home. Brea was fine until she saw the "vroom vroom" (our car). Then she realized that she was leaving the mall. Normally, this would be fine but today, there was a choo choo in there! As I tried to unbuckle her from stroller, she started squirming and kept pointing back to the mall and shouting "Choo choo! Choo choo!" while signing "more". There were even big fat tears... sigh... I think I'll let Daddy take her on the train next time.
2 comments:
Awww, so sweet, even though when it's happening it's definitely not so sweet. But I love that she was signing more and knew how to tell you what she wanted. I'm sure she'll be excited to go back there! :)
~Tabitha
How awesome that Brea has new words! Oh, I was feeling your pain as you wrote about approaching Santa and the train. What fun that Brea will have an opportunity to go to the mall with her daddy some time soon! *grin*
Post a Comment