Sunday, 4 April 2010

A very special milestone in sports

Tonight after dinner, Craig went downstairs to check to see if the hockey game was going to be broadcasted on TV. Brea stayed with me in the kitchen for a while, then asked where Daddy went.

"Daddy's downstairs watching hockey."
"Hockey" she said. Then she headed for the stairs. I think the quick moving puck fascinates her and she IS Canadian after all. She's been saying hockey for a few months now.
"Okay Brea, go downstairs and watch hockey with Daddy."
"Hockey, hockey, hockey..." I could hear her chanting down the stairs.

Apparently, hockey was not on TV tonight and Craig had to disappoint our little girl.
"Honey, there's no hockey tonight."
Brea looked at her Daddy and in a moment that I'm sure melted his heart, said, "ba-ke-ball"?

I swear there was a tear in his eye when he recounted what happened to me. I don't think there is a prouder Daddy anywhere tonight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol! That's awesome, what a smart girl! =)

lewis fam said...

I could hear the happiness in Craig's voice through your storytelling. Awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

SO cute! I really miss my little niece. Can't wait to see you all! - Signe

Sylvia said...

i can imagine craig's grin spanning from ear to ear!