Monday, 13 September 2010

Aquarium

The last week of summer vacation we went for a visit to the Aquarium. I have been so excited to go and was really looking forward to it. We had been talking to Brea about it too so that she would have an idea of what to expect when we got there. It was a fair drive and Brea fell asleep along the way, we had to nudge her a bit when we got there before she woke up so the beginning of our expedition was a bit grumpy. Once we made it to the Dolphin show, she perked up and she really liked watching the phosphorescent jellyfish. Her favourite part of the day must have been the play area where kids could touch sea stars and sand dollars - she got to have a good romp around and Daddy got some exercise while I gave Rhys a snack. I think it will be a great idea to get a season pass next year when Brea is a tad older and will really be able to explore some of the great features there, though we might be back earlier... I hear Bobs & Lolo frequently perform there and she's a BIG fan!

Getting ready to roll! (Brea's clutching one of her brother's blankies)
Waiting for the Dolphin show
Rhys hanging on Daddy
Some tropical birds of the Amazon

Frogs!!!
Our Westcoast fishies
Ooooh! Dolphins!
Striking a pose by the water before heading home

No comments: