I guess, I'd better get started before something else gets in the way.
Brea has been stellar in everything she's been asked to do lately. We went the dentist and she was so calm and collected. She went to get a haircut and she sat patiently and still while her hair was trimmed - I finally booked an appointment, not because of all the comments from my family but because she came up to me one morning brushing the hair out of her face and said "I'm a mess! I need a haircut!". She's started soccer and had a blast running around passing the ball to Daddy. And she's hilarious with all her day to day commentary.
"How old are you?" is a frequent question she gets asked.
"Two olds" is her standard reply.
As we stepped out of the car today to grab groceries and Craig stayed with a slumbering Rhys, she had to reassure him. "We'll be right back Daddy. Don't go away. We'll be back soon!"
We were told that we were her hero.
And she loves telling her brother how well he eats, how well he sits, how cute he is... she's very positive towards him except when he takes her toys and puts them in his mouth, then she'll exclaim "that's disgusting!"
She wants to be all grown-up and drink tea like Mommy (we actually went shopping and she got to pick out a special tea for herself - a strawberry/rhubarb rooibos, quite delish). She wants to grind pepper on her dinner and eat with a "big" fork. She looks like a mini-me.
Rhys has been taking strides too. He's been steadily eating more and more types of food and yesterday when I made pasta for dinner I decided to just put it through the food mill for him to eat with us rather than sticking to his purées. The look of amazement on his face was priceless as he scarfed it down.
He is sitting solidly now and can swivel around to grab at things. He will lean to crawling position but is just lacking that last bit of confidence needed to go... I'm sure any day now he'll take off.
He's discovered his voice and is experimenting with growls, shrieks and gurgles. He makes the most expressive faces and still smiles all of the time. He just doesn't feel secure when I'm holding him if he doesn't have a hold of my ponytail. He adores his sister and watches her constantly.
They keep me busy, I try to keep them busy, we are just busy but I don't think I'd want it any other way.
3 comments:
They are so sweet!
Beautiful children!I am busy with just one, I can't imagine what it will be like with two.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
What a pair of cuties! The time is fleeting -- try to enjoy it, without stressing that you aren't enjoying it enough!
Post a Comment