Sunday, 2 October 2011

Brother and sister

The more I watch my children, the more I am so happy that they have each other. Brea is a wonderful big sister and Rhys is a great little brother. There is nothing I love more than to see them at play.


Lately, I have noticed more and more how caring they are towards each other. They have their fights and tiffs over toys etc. but on the whole, they do a lot of sharing when they are together.

Often, Brea will carry out a book for each of them and they'll sit side by side "reading", Rhys usually with his book upside-down. And whenever Brea asks for a snack, she'll always make sure that Rhys has some too - sometimes, Rhys will ask for food that he can't reach and Brea will vocalize his wants to us for him. I can always hear a one way commentary from Brea - "Rhys come here...", "Rhys, one step at a time", "No, Rhys, jump... like this!", "Here Rhys, this one is for you".

Rhys loves his sister to, when he recently received some new cars from Po-Po, he was overjoyed (I'd never seen such a big smile), after a moment, he looked over to see Brea watching him play and handed one over for her to see. Rhys is also big on hugs and his big sister is one of his favourite people to wrap his arms around.




1 comment:

Jessica Heights said...

It sounds like they are so sweet together!