Monday, 18 May 2009

Sunshine on the Long Weekend

It was a gloriously beautiful Victoria Day long weekend! We hadn't seen sun in a while so on Friday when it started to peep out, we went out.

Brea and I have joined a workshop on Fridays called "You Make the Difference", it's a great program where you learn parenting skills through discussions, reading and video. So far, we've had two get-togethers and we're really enjoying it. After our meeting some of the other babies and mommies had lunch together.

Brea had a doctor's appointment that afternoon so we then made our way there. I am happy to say that my little girl is doing just fine!

Her latest measurements:
Weight: 20.4 lbs
Height: 29.7"
Head circumference: 17.7"

With nothing much else to do, I thought to myself... I think Brea would enjoy her very first swing ride in the park, it's a beautiful day for it. And I'm glad to say she thoroughly enjoyed it.


She was really interested in watching all the other kids.

Future aviator in the making!

Taking flight with Mommy!

Brea had a happy time in the park but we did have to cut it short when her hay fever hit. She apparently can't handle the pollen and went all weepy eyed, snotty and sneezy. I was a bit alarmed by her red eyes as she kept rubbing at them. It seemed to calm a bit once she was back in the car.

Saturday was another beautiful day and I had scheduled a walk for Brea with Pam and Jodi. The ladies finally had a chance to meet Brea and we had a splendid walk by the water in the inlet. Pam brought her fun-loving pup, Penny and Brea had a close encounter with the doggy-kind. She handled herself really well! She was licked by Penny and liked it! In fact, after Pam and Penny left, Brea decided the swings didn't quite compare with her new-found, four-legged friend and wanted to go home.

Craig finally had the chance to see Brea in swing action on Sunday (I know - swings three days in a row - why not?). We revisted the inlet and Brea was much better with the plants - though she did get a little teary, it wasn't quite as bad as the first day. We finished off the day in the sun with some yummy fish n' chips from Pajo's. What a nice treat after such a great day!

2 comments:

lewis fam said...

Isn't this glorious weather wonderful? I LOVE getting outside and it sure looks like you do, too!

Yeay for swinging!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, she weighs the same as Mikaela at 15 months, and is about the same height, too!