Thursday, 17 September 2009

Two weeks down...

Well, it's official, I am now a working Mommy. It's been back to school for the second week now and feeling real. Luckily this year I am only back part-time and have the chance to ease into things. It's been a busy week full of orientations for the students into the library. I love that I get to read books and buy books and share it with the kids. Craig is excited too, as he has been wonderful at helping me to vet books these past few years and now that I'm back in the library, he can catch up with many of the series that he has grown attached to.

Brea is doing quite well though there have been more frequent night wakings this week, I think she's just making sure we're still around. The first week of daycare was not so wonderful, she refused to nap and was therefore "Zombie Brea" when Daddy arrived to pick her up and then on Thursday, she was so tired she stumbled and hit a coffee table resulting in a very yucky bruise on her cheek. Overall though, things have been picking up and this week she finally slept. Lucky for us, Brea does not seem too worried or anxious when she goes to daycare - rather, she LOVES being with the other kids. This morning when she arrived, one of the other children greeted her with a hearty "Hello Bw-ea!" to which she offered a happy wave. She is doing many fun things and even brought her first work of art home today which is now proudly affixed to our fridge :o)



2 comments:

lewis fam said...

Oh wow! Your first refrigerator artwork!

Sounds like you ALL are doing an excellent job with the adjustments of mommy being back to work!

It's nice to have someone in the building who understands what's going on in my world, too. Thanks, Eleana!!!

Tricia said...

Congratulations on your entering back into the work force hope things are going well. Awww don't ya just love little one's school Art work. Cherish it its beautiful