Friday, 17 December 2010

Mommy Bloggers

I noticed that I've just posted over 200 entries!
It's been over two years since this blog began. I was mostly looking for a way to keep a window open to family who travel or live away from us so that they would be able to share the moments we have with our kids as they grow and discover the world around them. But blogging has done far more for me than just that. When I first began, I visited numerous other blogs to get ideas and figure out how to lay things out - what I discovered was a wonderful world out in cyberspace of other moms who were doing the same thing. These extraordinary women often combined sharing their life with sharing their wisdom and wit. I found that many of the questions or concerns I had were mirrored in their writing. I also found that by reading about their experiences, I wasn't so alone and that there were people out there more than willing to share with me.

I thought, I would take this chance to thank these bloggers who have shared a kind word, answered a query or just made me laugh over the years.

Miranda at Sippycups and Fingerprints helped me when I was so worried over weaning Brea. She has the most amazing family and I love beautiful pictures she takes and the eloquence she has in her entries to describe many of the feelings I share.

I always discover something new when I read an entry by Jessica at Muthering Heights. I love her wit and outlook on life in general.

I followed Heather during her family's heartbreak at The Spohrs Are Multiplying. It has been two years since then and so much has happened from Maddie's passing. There has been more awareness for the March of Dimes and the Amazing Annabel arrived to share her spark with her wonderful mommy and daddy.

There are also some family and friends who have just began blogs of their own and to them I wish happy writing!

1 comment:

lewis fam said...

200+! Yippeee!!! I agree, blogging is awesome. Such an amazing way to document the lives of our quickly-growing babes.