Friday, 17 December 2010

Parking Safety

I was looking through sites for new baby products and came across the Parking Pal. The premise behind it is pretty straightforward, it is a magnet that goes on the side of your car and provides a place for kids to put their hand upon exiting the car so that they won't run into the parking lot and into danger. It's especially good for those of us with more than one child. The idea sounded good to me but I thought I'd just give it a try without the magnet and see if it would work. I told Brea that there was a special door on the car for her to touch every time she gets out of the car. It's a little door just her size. Surprisingly, she took to it right away. She would exit the car and plant her hand on the door and wait patiently if I had to grab Rhys or my bag... then on the third try, here's the conversation we had:

Me: Okay Brea, what are you going to touch when you get out of the car?
Brea: My special door!
Me: Okay, go to touch your special door.
I leaned down to grab Rhys' chair and look up to see her looking at me puzzled.
Brea: Mommy, this isn't a special door, it's for gas!

Sigh! When did she get so smart?

No comments: