Friday, 10 June 2011

The Big One!

I feel terrible that it's been nearly two weeks since Rhys's first birthday and I still haven't gotten a post up about it. This is really the first day since I've been back to work that I've managed to get both kids asleep before 9:30pm and not have some other work to do (well, I do have work but I'm choosing not to do it). The kids are adjusting to the new schedule and loving their time with Nana but it's become quite difficult at night when they start acting up with attention seeking behaviour now that Mommy and Daddy are both away from them during the day. In short, we are both very, very tired.

But back to the party...

Rhys had an amazing time with family and friends on his first birthday. He has recently started to take little steps but his usual mode of crawling kept him in pace with some of the "older" kids there. He discovered balloons, he chased other babies, he was happy to go from person to person eating tidbits of their plates and when it came time for cake... did he ever enjoy it!






Our little guy was very tuckered out by the festivities and passed out into slumber land as the last guests left but what a momentous day it was for him.

Thank-you so much everyone for making it and help us in celebrating :o)

1 comment:

Jessica Heights said...

Happy belated birthday to him!