The reason Craig and I have chosen to only have two kids was partly because I had always said that if we go for more it would be from two to four. I have two siblings and when there are three, there is always an odd person out. Don't get me wrong, it was fun growing up with my two brothers but there were often times when someone was left out.
Brea has been really lucky to have two little girl friends whom she's known since she was born. The girls socialize really well together and are really comfortable around each other but it was inevitable that the evil triad would rear its head. Yesterday, we went on a playdate and Brea came to me upset saying her friends wouldn't play with her. When I went to see what was the matter, I watched as she asked her little friends to play and the response was "no!". Brea wailed out "but you have to play with me, you're my friends!". It made my heart ache. The situation was quickly fixed, with some cajoling and diversions towards a group activity it was worked out but for a second there, I have to say, I just wanted to hug my little girl and take away that feeling of hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment