So looking at the drippy kids today I decided to make some crock pot apple sauce. There's nothing like the lovely smell of apple and cinnamon. Rhys snarfs fruit and it's been difficult with him not feeling well to eat more than a few bites of anything.
The little guy was napping, so Brea became my sous-chef. She took out the equipment needed and went to the apples and counted out the biggest ones. Soon I was peeling and coring away. She pulled up a chair next to me by the sink to watch the progress.
"Mom, why are you taking the peel off? That's where the vitamin is."
I explained the need to remove the peel so that the flesh of the apples could cook down and then she could help me mash it.
"Oh." She watches some more as I continued peeling. "It looks like a pile of autumn leaves flying off the trees!" I turned on the tap to rinse off the fruit. "Now it's raining and washing the leaves away!"
No comments:
Post a Comment