Brea has finally made the big roll from back to tummy!!! It has been in development this past week and this weekend, she did it! We had previously attempted to tempt her with toys, etc. to see if she would try to grab them and roll herself but to no avail. Apparently, the trick was to use her mittens! Every morning, Brea has a snuggle with me in bed and I pull off her mittens (she still rubs and scratches her eyest) and I put them up near the top of the bed. Her eyes always follow me when I do this. On Friday morning, she decided that looking at them wasn't enough, she wanted her mittens! So, she reached and reached and rolled over with her prize firmily in her grasp. The next day, she did it again. Daddy was very proud of his little girl. I was super proud too... until last night...
Brea has been fighting a nasty cold this past weekend and has been back in her bouncy chair (she can't breathe at all lying down). Last night, she woke up and I figured it was because she was all plugged up. I tried to hold her and pat her back and walk a bit but nothing was working. Finally, not knowing what else to really do with grumpy baby, I put her on the bed. That's when she started rolling! For half an hour, all Brea did was roll, from one end of the bed to the other. She just REALLY wanted to practice her new skill. I was tired and REALLY wanted her to go back to sleep. Sigh. What's going to happen when she starts crawling?!
1 comment:
YEAH! Happy rolling Brea! As for the crawling... I have a feeling she's going to be a fast little crawler too! :o)
Post a Comment