Monday, 11 May 2009

A Beautiful First Mommy's Day

But I want to touch the pretty flowers!

I am SO lucky to have a loving husband and a beautiful little girl who gave Mama the bestest First Mommy's Day ever!

Brea had to wake up earlier than usual, of course, to wish her Mama a happy day and Craig was great to take her for stories, some playing and a walk while I caught a few more hours of precious, glorious sleep! When I awoke from my slumber, Daddy was well on his way to prepping me a delicious breakfast while tulips from Brea sat waiting on our dining table, I love tulips! I also got the sweetest card ever.

In the afternoon, we went to visit Great Nana to wish her a wonderful day and in the evening we had a visit from Nana and Grumpa who shared in a splendid feast. Daddy and Grumpa prepared a sumptuous meal that included: bacon wrapped scallops, shrimp, steak, grilled veggies and treats from DQ! I was stuffed and very spoiled.

Brea was such a great baby all day and smiled and played and ate... boy, did she eat. A whole jar of peaches (and pablum) in the morning, carrots and yams in the afternoon, and Daddy's Chicken Noodle for dinner with sprinklings of Cheerios throughout... we may finally be turning the corner on solids :o)

Thank-you for all the wonderful Mommy Day wishes, it was wonderful :o)

2 comments:

Cascia Talbert said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Kelly said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm glad you had a great first mother's day. Now your husband will have to keep making it better each year