Saturday, 5 September 2009

I don't wanna go!

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

I can feel the minutes ticking by... three more days and then I'm back to work. I can't believe my year with Brea has flown by already and I don't wanna go back!

I have so many worries, about daycare, about getting my head back into work, about how Brea will adjust, about how I will adjust! Her sleeping at nap time is still not good, well, it's more that she won't nap unless she's lying on someone or in her car seat and at daycare, that just won't work. They won't be as patient, they won't be as nice. I'm afraid she'll just end up in a playpen screaming her little head off. We have been wanting to get her ready but it's SO hard when she's stubborn and we don't like to hear her cry.

Luckily, I'm going back only part-time and I do love what I do. I guess, I'll just have to do it one day at a time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm crossing my fingers for Brea to quickly adjust to being at daycare!

lewis fam said...

Let us commiserate together my friend!

Give yourself a LOT of grace to be a mother before teacher and remember it is an adjustment for EVERYONE!

Brea is a beautiful, energetic and adaptable little girl. She will be so stimulated by the other ones at daycare I bet naps won't be quite as stressful as at home!!!


See you in the morning (eek!)

= )

CB said...

Don't worry; Brea will be just fine. You are a WONDERFUL mother and an EXCELLENT educator! Remember that you will not take anything away from Brea by sharing your caring and your talents with the lucky students and staff at Citadel. Somehow, our love and our gifts do not lessen the more we give them away to others; they magically multiply (I truly believe that THIS is what the Biblical story of the loaves and the fishes is trying to teach us). RELAX and ENJOY this first week back to school! BE KIND AND LOVING TO YOURSELF! You can (and will) do it! Hugs ~Colleen