Thursday, 21 October 2010

The Patch

Finally! We made it out to the pumpkin patch! I've been wanting to go since last year but the weather was not helpful in the least. This year, luckily, summer is having a final hurrah and we made it out to bask in the sunshine amidst all the pumpkins.

I convinced the Kau-Kaus to come out with us (much easier to have several more pairs of hands) and we had a blast. I really didn't know what to expect as most of the pictures I have seen were of kids sitting on a pumpkin or in the field but Laity Pumpkin Patch is amazing! There are animals to see, a tractor ride, a whole lot of fun wooden animals and vehicles to ride and play with, a corn maze, gold panning, and trails in the wee woods full of assorted fairytale characters. Brea was so excited to pick her own pumpkin too. She told me as she went to bed the night before that she was going to choose a "little" pumpkin and that Rhysy was going to get a "big" one. She was true to her word.

Since it was an afternoon outing, I tried to get the photo ops in early before little Miss was too consumed by all the going ons there. The Kau-Kaus were in good spirits and we got lots done. We ducked into the corn maze but I headed back out when we crossed paths with a couple who were terribly lost. All, I could think of was - how horrid it would be to be lost with a wailing two year old and an infant. Uncle Eugene did pop back in before we left to brave the "cornfusing" maze... he made it out in record time :o) Brea thoroughly enjoyed all that the Patch had to offer and I know she'll look forward to making this an annual outing.

It was such a wonderful day with lovely people to share our adventures with.

She just had to wear her gumboots
Brea and Mommy
Looking out into the field for the "perfect" pumpkin
"Mommy, I have dirty hands! The pumpkins are yucky!"
Aaargh! Ahoy matey!
Uncle Ambrose, sailing the wooded seas
Brea and Pinocchio
Wake up Rhys! You're going to miss the Great Pumpkin!
Rhys crossing the Troll bridge
Uncle Eugene, assisting Rhys with his ride
Looking through the fence at all the animals
The cutest pumpkin ever!

Brea kept telling me the tractor was stuck
Choo choo!
Rhys and Danny the Donkey
She was really trying to push the wheelbarrow
Helping Kau-Kau push

No comments: