Saturday, 16 October 2010

Twinkle Toes

Brea recently started dance classes. Since she loves music so much and wiggles away whenever music is on the radio, we thought it would be a fun thing for her to try. Well, our normally extroverted daredevil was a wallflower the first day we went. I had never had such a clingy girl in my life! Luckily Po-Po went with us and was able to keep Rhys company while Mommy sat with our nervous little girl.

Some of the girls in the class are older (3 yrs old!) and are much more confident. Brea is really good at watching them and will show us all the dance steps she learned once we're safe at home. These are some pictures from class #3 so she's warming to the idea of dancing sans maman

Since that day, it's been getting better. Po-Po is off to China so we're doing the last few classes by ourselves. She was a trooper when I explained that Mommy had to hold Rhys and that she had to be a good sister. She got through 20 minutes before running for me.

My usual seat, right behind her, where she can grab me if needed.



Mommy! Up! Up!


Thankfully, she loves the mat.
Getting cozy with spidey for the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" Dance
Baby giraffe walk
Walking home after dance class.
She's recently discovered pockets, I'm finding LOTS of goodies when I do laundry.

1 comment:

Adeline said...

Aww, she's looking older in her dance outfit! Where does she take lessons? Mikaela often talks about ballet dancing, so I thought I should consider putting her in a kids class.