We recently attended a magical fairy birthday party. The children were visited by
Loria the Fairy Queen of Flowers who brought costumes to transform them into magical beings, painted their faces, and led them on a most rapturous adventure of songs and music. The kids were spellbound by it all. I love this age where the line between reality and fantasy is blurred and the most amazing things can happen.
 |
| A rainbow fairy and a wee but tough dragon. |
Rhys was especially smitten, which has not been like him before. He loves his race cars above all else but will happily dress up with his sister in her tutus or princess costumes. However, lately he's been the one initiating it. Today when I got home he was happily running being a superhero with his cape flaring out behind him.
So I shouldn't have been too surprised when as I was putting him to bed he became all upset and suddenly started crying because he missed his "dragon face".
He's been talking about being half dragon and half Rhys since the party. But he was truly upset tonight despite the fact that I didn't have much trouble cleaning the paint off several nights ago. I tried to console him by saying that I could paint his face like a dragon for him. He replied, "no! I want the fairy lady to come do it. But not that one, a blue one, a dark blue one!" Hmmmm... anyone know any surefire ways to catch a blue-clad fairy to come paint a little boy's face?
2 comments:
Lookin' good Reese & Brea!
I realized that I just spelled Rhys wrong. Fail. Sorry about that. :)
Post a Comment