I was away from home until late this past week with work so I didn't have a chance to see the kids until the next morning. I asked how the night went with Daddy taking care of them. It was a bath night and I know that Craig bought things to make a nice dinner so it was pretty full. So I was wondering if things went smoothly and that he managed alright and a little bit, I guess, to see if I was missed.
Brea looks at me and says in quite the tone: "Oh Mom, he's a big boy!"
Craig was very happy to have had that vote of confidence.
--------
The kids are getting sniffly again. I hate this season. But with the sniffles comes the difficult sleeping due to stuffy noses. Last night Brea awoke several times needing to blow her nose and just to get some comfort. By the time we woke for the third time, I had already bunkered down with Rhys and Craig had moved downstairs (Rhys is a bit of a flailer). I was tired and had given up on trying to get them to stay in their beds but there was no way it would work to have both kids with me. I suggested that she tried downstairs with Daddy.
She gave me an anguished look and said in a most pitiful little voice: "I can't sleep with Daddy! I'm more of a snuggler and my Daddy isn't!"
No comments:
Post a Comment