Tuesday, 21 October 2008

A special beer for Daddy

Every Christmas, Craig gets a special selection of beer in his stocking. These consists of choices that I make when I go to the Signature liquor store. My criteria is easy: has a neat label or bottle and/or a name that stick out. As you can see, I am not a beer drinker. But usually in the bunch he'll find a gem and this was one of them.

Fuller's Vintage Ale caught my eye because of it's pretty box. It is a limited edition ale and only a certain amount is brewed each year. I purchased a bottle in 2005. Craig had number 5424 of 150,000. It is a rare beer that gets better with age. Craig decided to save his for a special occasion. He broke it open to celebrate Brea's 8 week birthday.


Vintage Ale 2005
This Vintage has spicy and peppery notes on the nose followed by a hint of toffee and vanilla. An incredibly well rounded beer, the malt flavours are softened by the spicy, citrus notes from the Fuggles hops.

Brea posing with the bottle of beer
(you can see she's impressed).

Daddy cracking it open.

A lovely pour!

Sampling the goods. Refreshing!

No comments: