Sunday, 1 November 2009
Apple Fest 2009
We were lucky to be able to make the Apple Festival this year at UBC's Botanical Gardens. It was a bit of a long drive since we live so far out now but Brea took it really well... she must have been excited 'cause I was! There were lots of people there and the place was busy despite being a little bit drippy. We sampled the apple cider and apple pie before I got cracking on the apple buying. I didn't take the apple tasting challenge this year since Brea is still new to the chewing of crunchy apples and 60 varieties would have been too much for her but next year will be different :o) I walked away with a few scrumptious bags of Shamrock (tart and sweet), Rubinette (delicious desert apples), and Yoko (crunchy and sweet). Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So cute...'Brea Appleseed'...very, very cute!
I had no idea there was an apple festival anywhere around here! My mom & I always went to one in Nebraska...maybe I'll have to check out UBC next year!
Post a Comment