Sunday, 6 February 2011

Avenue Q

Craig and I made it out on a date this weekend! Kau-Kau Ambrose and Po-Po were gracious enough to babysit for a few hours while we made it out on the town to see a show.


 I first heard about "Avenue Q" when I watched a episode of "Ace of Cakes" on the Food Network. They were making a cake for the Broadway production and had a full cast of puppet look-alikes on the show. I was smitten by the misfit puppets (à la Sesame Street but so not rated G), so when I saw an ad on TV for the touring show, I excitedly bought tickets. Craig is not much for musicals but I figured one full of bawdy puppets was right up his alley. He had a great time - he did say afterward that he'd never thought that he would ever see puppets engaged in such lewd acts on stage :o) I thought the cast did a spectacular job seamlessly passing off puppets and singing hilarious songs. I was also thrilled to have a few hours away from the kids to spend with Craig. It's hard for me to remember that we need some time to ourselves every once in a while.

No comments: