Monday, 14 February 2011

Just had to share

This Valentine's Day finds our family all coughy, stuffy and sneezy. It's also quite drizzly outside so my plans for the day are rather moot. While I cuddle with the little ones today and attempt a few crafts I thought I'd share with you the fantastical gifts that our favourite Colorado couple sent to us a while back but that I didn't have time to document to share. Jessie is a super crafty lady and spared no attention to detail in creating this year's festive gifts for Brea and Rhys. I don't know if I get a bigger kick out of the gifts or just reading the packaging they come in ;o) Hope you chuckle in delight as much as I did when we opened the box.

Brea's gift: "For the artiste on the go, a coloring book bag with jaunty coloring device pouch. Whether doodling in Madrid or scribbling in Mozambique, this bag gets around; wherever you go, it's sure to follow!"



Rhys's gift: "Hola! I am Senor Ronaldo, Master of Intrigue and decider of which socks to wear. I was born south of the border in New Mexico. One day a crew of fierce sea urchins attacked my small pet store and ran off with my true love, Senorita Janice, a beautiful gecko. I vowed then and there to hunt down the culprits and make Janice mine. After decades of searching I came upon the lovely Janice singing at a karaoke bar in Dallas. Come to find out the sea urchins had been hired to save her by her fiancee Carl, an earnest eel. My quest resolved, I stowed away in this box hoping a wee person might find me and take me in. I offer many skills including lost mitten detection, soft shell break dance moves, and, of course, a penchant for snuggling. Perhaps you will have me?"


1 comment:

nana said...

Absolutely outstanding!! True friends are the essence of life. Really enjoyed your sharing. Thank you!!