Tuesday, 12 August 2008

As the Babe Turns...


Hallelujah! After two weeks of doing cat stretches, floating on my front in the pool and holding poses with my bum in the air, the baby has turned!!! Wee P is now in the proper position to make their entry into the world, whenever he or she decides they want to do it. Two weeks left and counting down...

I was worried at first when the midwife had me read about proper birth positions and I read all about how if a baby was in a posterior position (ie. their back to your back), I'd have a longer and much harder labour. Sure enough, my little one was very comfortable in the hammock of my back and was very happy to kick, punch and squirm when I tried to make them move. I did all the things they said and today's check-up was my reward :o) I'm so happy with Wee P! Good job on turning little one! And I didn't even have to go chasing after them with a bag of frozen peas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Eleana, that's great! I like the baby's nick-name. I'm sure B&P will love checking up on all the happenings via the blog. You look adorable in the profile pic too.
Signe

Anonymous said...

Love it keep it up. Just make sure craig doesn't tell the whole thing in detail. ha ha Being on your hands and knees for all that time you must have the cleanest floors. want to come to my house? Love ya talk soon K

lewis fam said...

Yeay Wee P!!!!! Good job cooperating with your mama!!!

Good job Mama P!

I'm with Kathy...clean floors, wanna come to my house after hers? *grin*

Keep on bloggin'!!!

= )