Sunday, 7 September 2008

Zzzzzz...

Craig and I are tired. Brea has been amazing but we think her tummy has been a bit upset and gassy these last few nights so she's been upset and not sleeping. It may be that all the strange concoctions of food my Mom has been preparing for me helped her stomach because when I had been eating inordinate amounts of ginger during the first week and a half of nursing Brea, she was a happy baby but now that I have stopped, things are not going well. We tested this out by having my Mom make me more ginger food and we bought a book - "The Happiest Baby on the Block" by Harvey Karp, M.D.; it is the best book ever!

We used the suggestions from the book (the 5 S's - swaddle, side, swing, shush, suck) and last night Brea was an angel. Now I know, it's only one night but when she went from hours of crying to barely any at all, it's a good thing. We are hoping that tonight goes well too, it's really nice to be able to sleep.

1 comment:

lewis fam said...

How was Sunday night?

Maybe I need to get on the 'ginger diet', too.

Thanks for the updated blog...looking forward to meeting Brea SOON!

= )