Maybe because I have a young baby now the world looks a bit different. Things take more time, I appreciate little things like a few stolen moments to myself, and my days are now filled with taking care of a precious little one. I have also found that although my patience seems unlimited when it comes to Brea, other people are not faring so well.
A few things occurred these past few days that have irked me, greatly.
First, I went to a neighbourhood bakery/deli where I often go to purchase yummy fresh bread and meat only to find that they had newly engaged several young teens behind the counter. Ordinarily, this would not be a problem as I teach kids that age and am used to them. However, this day, I had Brea with me, in her car seat (I thought I'd just pop in to grab what I needed so opted for no stroller). I grabbed a number and waited in line. I was behind one person. The two girls behind the counter worked one order at a time. It took them 12 minutes to take my order of three varieties of meats, cut it, and package it. I had to tell them my order three times. Meanwhile, Brea started crying. Then, I got to the till to pay. The cashier was holding a cup of coffee in one hand while a customer was complaining to her (probably about the horrible service). There was a long queue and not one of the other five employees could step in to open the other till. I wanted to scream.
Today, I went with Kari and Jill with Brea to the Happening Craft Fair at Thomas Haney Secondary. I was very excited, I love craft fairs. Haney's craft fair is usually one of the best in this area. It was a rainy and drizzly day so it took a while to get out there. Maybe I'm not used to traveling with a three month old but they have a lot of stuff and to spend a day out, you need to prepare the said stuff. We arrived at the door to a sign that read "Strollers are not allowed on the sales floor". There was no notice of this anywhere else before arriving at the door. I didn't have my carrier with me, nor did I want to leave Brea with the babysitting service as the lady at the door suggested. Thanks for making my day! No other craft fair in all of the lower mainland had any policies like that! They are effectively turning away any new parent wanting to see the fair. I guess they don't want crowded floors - they also didn't want my money!
At least Kari and I had a nice lunch date at Boston Pizza. They were nice and liked our kids.
1 comment:
Wow...that is crazy! Bummer about not getting to spend time (& money!) at the craft fair!!!
I can remember going to the mall when Joelle was this age. Was trying to go into the Starbucks at Coquitlam Centre...with the stroller and all our gear. NO ONE held the door for us! I couldn't believe it - and it was Christmas time! I almost wrote a letter to the local paper.
Post a Comment