Daddy's Birthday
First thing first, Brea celebrated Daddy's birthday by getting him a book that he's been eyeing for awhile now. Ken Follett's "World Without End". He's been enjoying it so much and is nearly finished the 1014 page tome. I wish I had the time to read! Daddy is very low-key and wanted to just spend a quiet night at home with his girls :o)
Bottle Feeding
We have been trying to get Brea to take a bottle over this last little while, so that in the event of Mommy and Daddy going out, Po-Po can feed her. We had bought the Adiri Bottle a few months ago when I was starting breastfeeding and had an unfortunate and painful incident but we never really used it aside from a few times. The bottle has a unique shape and its design is to reduce air intake when the baby is feeding. It's also BPA-free.
Now, that Brea is fully into the boob, we were worried that the bottle wouldn't take. The first time we tried it was a nightmare - she screamed and fought us all the way but tried again and now, although she isn't happy with it, she will make do if she needs to. Daddy has been doing an excellent job feeding her.
Play Time
Brea has been making more advances in playtime. She has been batting at hanging toys for a while now but we've found that if we take her hand and hang it onto the dangling objects she gets really into it. Our playgym is now much used and a favourite in her morning routine. She loves the octopus!
I also purchased a Bumbo seat after trying it out while visiting Malaya and Kaitlyn. Brea's still working on holding her head steadily but it does allow her to sit and look around much better than her vibrating chair. We are not really using it too much until her neck is stronger but here's a preview.
Book Club
I made it out for my first book club meet of this year! Since "The Secret Life of Bees" came out in the movies and so many of us had read the book, we decided to meet for dinner and watch the show. Five of us (Colleen, Joanne, Lynda & Susanna, Kathy & Doug & Max, and Brea & me) made it out to My Greek for dinner, they stuck us in the corner table which was super, it gave us lots of room to stash our baby stuff and was away from most other diners. The din of the restaurant masked baby cries very well. It was lovely to have a great meal with such great company. Afterward, the hubbies went home with the babies and the mommies went to see the show. I hadn't been out to a movie in forever! I had to stop at the end of my pregnancy because I just couldn't sit comfortably for any length of time. I thought the movie was very well done and I really enjoyed it. There were some changes from the book, of course, and I was surprised by the cast, since I had not seen previews but they all did a splendid job.
Pre-Natal Class Reunion
On the weekend we had our pre-natal class reunion. We got to meet all the babies! Seven in all made the trip out and we had a chance to share our birth stories and catch up. The ten couples produced five girls and five boys, such a nice even spread :o) Brea and I are excited to maybe make it out to the Mommy and Me group that a few of the other moms go to weekly.
No comments:
Post a Comment