Now Chase is a nice little place to visit if you are going to be staying by the Lake but as a historical museum stop, I don't believe it's a hot spot. So it was understandable that as we parked our car, the student who was on for this summer came racing out with a grin. "I thought I heard someone pull up!" he exclaimed with a little hint of desperation. We then had a VERY thorough tour of the museum. I found it really interesting to have every nuance of the place described to us, the young man definitely knew his stuff :o) There is the Laviolette Log House depicting the life of the early settlers in Chase and in the garage off the museum they have a 1923 Franklin,the eighth oldest in existence; it still runs and was in a parade recently.
My favourite part was the back of the museum where they had barber shop mock-up and the Original Underwood Hotel bar - apparently, some visitors are quite shocked when they see a bar in the church :o)


No comments:
Post a Comment