Brea LOVES books. She comes by it naturally of course, having two bookworms for parents, but it's truly amazing how she is totally drawn to them. Every morning she has her stories. We brought most of her board books with us to Chase and she makes her way to the book basket for her selection with a smile without fail. She can sit quietly for 3, 4, 5 books! Her favourites are the Sandra Boynton books and she always gets "Goodnight Moon" before bed. Magazines have been her latest treat. She'll sit and finger the pages, flip the corners and eventually rip the cover off (they are more flimsy than her books!) and she'll have a grande time doing it. And then of course, there's ANYTHING that Mommy or Daddy is reading - it doesn't matter to her if there are no pictures, if we're interested in it, it MUST be great!
Brea does not have the typical favourite toy. She learned to roll over for her mittens, scoot for her shoes, and it looks like books might do it for her learning to walk.
Showing her furniture walking skills but only when offered a book!
Brea discovers the perfect reading chair.
We were visiting "Betty's Used Books" the other day and Brea was in heaven. There were more books there than she'd ever seen. And to top it off, the shelves had books at her height! I stood her by the Games books so I could check out a few things and when I'd turned around, she had a book about Chess in one hand, another about Scrabble in the other and she wasn't holding onto the shelf! If I hadn't panicked I think she would have stood for a few seconds longer before she realized she was no longer being supported. The same thing happened later that evening when she furniture walked her way to her book basket. I guess there's nothing that can quite distract like a good book :o)



4 comments:
I love it - 'book for bait'!
Susanna was crawling around and when she heard Brea talking, she totally stopped and looked. We look forward to a proper playdate upon your return/move in/settling back in the lower mainland!
I need to get working on reading Susanna books! She hears Joelle's books all the time, but it would be great to give her some special book time, too, thanks for the encouragement!
That is so precious!!
My kids love Sandra Boynton too...and I have to admit, I get pretty into her books myself! LOL!
My son loves that lift the flap book too! He keeps tearing the flaps out though so I keep having to tape them back in! lol
Brea looks so much older now! I think there's something about babies standing on their own that make them seem more grown up.
Post a Comment