Monday, 18 August 2008

Breakfast, er, afternoon tea at Tiffany's

It has been a hot, hot, hot, weekend! Craig asked me out on a "date" Saturday to go to Tiffany & Co., one of the happiest and sparkliest places ever! We managed to get there in the afternoon (as Wee P has recently not been so cooperative with the whole "let mommy sleep thing") and I am now the proud owner of a blue box, which I am not allowed to open until after baby comes... come on out baby! It makes me very excited to own a blue box, I know it's kind of silly but ever since I watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's" as a young'un, it's been one of those "when I grow up..." things. It was a lot of fun looking at shiny things, most Saturdays should be spent like that :o)

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer. Craig is figuring out that he only has a few weeks left before school starts again. I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to really get away this summer like last year's trip, but we are getting set for our wildest adventure yet so I can't really complain. We are officially down to the last two couples in my prenatal class who haven't given birth yet. Reading all of the newsletter announcements that they have been sending out, I have decided two things: a) Craig is not allowed to type our announcement and b) if he does, there is no way in hell he's sending it out without me seeing it first. Some of the things that we have read are informative but of the WAY too much detail kind. Funny thing is, it's always the notes from the husbands that are so forthcoming. Probably, latent shock or something.

4 comments:

Henny Penny said...

Ooh! Happy blue box! I got one for the wedding from Jason and it was easily one of the most exciting moments ever. I completely agree, it's tingley-rific plus sprinkles.

We are embarking on a thrilling trip this fall. Jason doesn't know where we're headed. I planned it all and now I'm hosting treasure hunts to slowly let him know where we're going. He's discovered Istanbul and Thessaloniki, Greece. If you have any travel tips for this region, we'd love to hear them!

Glenda-Bean said...

THE blue box!!! Freakin`awesome! Did you get to pick whats in it or is it a surprise and you can`t open it until baby comes...

Eleana said...

I did get a say in what went in the box but I'm not allowed to open it until baby comes.

lewis fam said...

Wow-o-wow! I can't wait to hear & see what is in the Blue Box! WOW!!!

YEAY! You're getting closer every day!!!!!

= )