Friday, 23 January 2009

5 Months!

Brea is five months today. I've been told by virtually every parent out there to enjoy my time with Brea because it will fly by, I never really thought about it until we went to visit the new addition to the Hunter family.

Andrea, Chris and Brett welcomed Scott Robert John Hunter to the world on Wednesday January 21, 2009! He was two weeks early and so weighed 5 lbs 2 oz. He is such a cutie! Mama Andrea is such a trooper getting milk for the wee one - he's going to gain weight fast with the amount he's eating!

Being back at the hospital got me thinking about how it was just like yesterday that I was there, totally freaked out about what we had gotten ourselves into and in awe of everything that had happened. Today, seeing how much Brea has grown and seeing how much she's changed from that newborn in the hospital basket, it is amazing what I have learned and experienced in such a short time. I'm so lucky to have wonderful people around with knowledge much more vast that me to draw on.

Brea is starting to teeth now so our nights are a bit longer with more frequent awakenings and she's pretty grumpy at night when the teething pains hit. I've been searching for a teether that she is willing to use. Kari gave us a Kammi doll at my shower and Brea quite likes it - she's really into gnawing on fabrics and the soft terry cloth is great. The hands and feet can also be made wet and frozen for baby to chew on.

I've also gotten the RaZ-Berry Teether for her which she is starting to use more but it's still not quite the thing that she is looking for.


Today, when we visited Dawn and Malaya, she discovered a teether that she was totally into but I can't find it anywhere and Dawn can't remember who gave it to her. Oh well, I'm sure things will work out.

I also had some ladies over this week for a movie at my crib! It was super fun to have all the babies playing around while we watched "Mama Mia". Good times!


Three cuties!

No comments: