Whew! It was a BUSY weekend.
On Friday, Craig was on his way home from a basketball tournament with his boys in Vancouver when the school bus he was driving broke down. I got a call at 5:30pm asking me to please come and rescue him. Brea had just woken up from a nap so I got her changed and made our way out. In the time it took for us to get out to Vancouver during rush hour, Craig had managed to get rides for all the boys and a wonderful snow plow driver had helped push the bus out of the intersection. However, the tow truck was still nowhere in sight. Needless to say, by the time we made it home (at 9pm) after following the bus back to the shop, Brea was a SUPER grumpy baby. Wouldn't you be tired too? I'm glad that things like this doesn't happen all the time... oh wait, it has! Craig is super lucky with school buses - they always seem to breakdown around him ;o)
Saturday was my Mom's 60th birthday (according to the Lunar Calendar). So we had visits from Yee-ma 1, Yee-ma 2, Bo, Nathan, Aidan, and Ken. It was super busy at our place. Aidan missed his nap so he wasn't a very happy boy.
We went for a dinner celebration at Kirin's Seafood Restaurant and had a scrumptious 10-course meal. It was so nice to have everyone around to celebrate my Mom's special day.
I also had a chance on the weekend to try my hand at some craigslist posting. I had not realized how many people look at craigslist. There were a few items my Mom was interested in selling so I took some pictures and put them up. By the end of the day, my inbox was crammed with people's emails, some even sent at 2am! Another lady phoned super early in the morning 'cause she was afraid my Mom's lounge chair would be sold. Altogether, it was a very successful experiment and I'd be happy to try it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment