Monday, 5 January 2009

The White Stuff!

It has been a fabulous holiday for us. Brea and I were so excited to have Daddy home EVERY day to play with.

It's nice to have time with Daddy!

It was also nice for me to be able to sneak a few snoozes in the wee early hours while Craig had morning stretch time and pillow talk with Brea. But now it's back to school and we've put Christmas away for another year, here are some highlights of the past two weeks, I'll probably have to make several entries as I've just reviewed the pictures I've taken and there is so much to share!

The snow was one thing that could not be ignored. It's been a long while since I've seen so much snow in such a short period of time.

Getting ready for a hand dip.

Brea is too little to enjoy snowman making but we did go out for a walk and she had the chance to dip her little hands in. She wasn't too impressed with the hand-dip but she was smiling the whole walk as the snowflakes drifted around her. I had her bundled in the Moby wrap under my coat but her cheeks did get a little rosy.


Good thing I had her Sweet Cheeks balm from Dimpleskins Naturals to keep her skin from getting chapped. It's great stuff and works on big people too :o)

On Christmas Day, we woke up early (because Mommy was excited) and opened our stockings before having our blueberry muffin and grape juice (Daddy's Christmas tradition).

Is Brea eyeing the muffins?

Who needs toys when there's all this great paper and bows?

Brea loved the special book that Santa brought for her - "Puff the Magic Dragon". He must of heard all the hours of Mommy singing Brea to sleep with it.


There were also special presents from Uncle Kent, Auntie Signe, Madison, Kai and Caylie. Brea especially liked the Christmas Teddy that she sucked on for quite a while.


In the evening, Uncles Ambrose and Eugene came over for dinner and Brea had more presents (such a lucky little girl). She now has plenty of toys and a lovely party dress, fancier than even anything Mommy has.

Brea's fancy, sparkly dress!

Since Daddy was with us, we even ventured out to the mall to check out some of the Boxing Day madness. I am so excited that we found an awesome deal on a new camera. I am now the proud owner of a Canon XS! There is so much to learn on the workings of the SLR but it's been so fun snapping away, it had the chance to make its debut on New Year's Eve when we went to celebrate with the Scharfs (which I will post separately). While mozying through the mall, we ran into Kaitlyn and her mommy. The two girls shared a nice babble time, Brea was especially vocal and Kaitlyn really liked showing off her new dress and headband that her mommy had her in for a party that evening.


We also took time to visit Great Nana and ventured out to Crescent Beach to see the Gustafson's new home.


It's a lovely house and Brea thoroughly enjoyed her visit. Kate and Ben were so great to play with her so that Mommy and Daddy could sit by the crackly fire.

Grauntie Gloria grabs a snuggle and Kate and Ben pose for a picture.

No comments: